We welcome requests from companies and organizations who would benefit from a fresh, complementary perspective to traditional innovation consulting, a jolt in thinking, exploring a new business model, or ideating a new product or service.
We are currently accepting applications for our 8-Week Lab Projects, 6-week Design Sprints and full innovation programs. Contact us to schedule a call to discuss your needs or request an invitation to participate.
8-Week HIP Lab Project
Six companies and organizations are selected each Spring and Fall to bring a problem to solve and teams are curated based on best match with skills and interests.
Teams are mentored and work closely with companies to experiment, run technology sandboxes, execute ideas, create proofs of concepts, do research, and/or demonstrate incremental innovation.
Companies will be invited to participate as deeply as they wish with team members or may choose to check in mid- and end-point on progress and a presentation will be provided to each company at their location.
Any IP owned by the company will be protected during the course of the project.
- Real-world sandboxes for learning, exploring and developing proofs of concepts
- Teams are selected based on skills and interests and can be made up of interns, professionals, partners and/or business community leaders
- Companies benefit by testing new ideas and gaining access to talent
6-week Adaptive Design Sprint
Work with a professional team of consultants to define a challenge. This rapid approach engages your team with weekly scrum meetings, periodic half day intensives, and utilizes robust online tools.
Specifically designed to produce a proof of concept in a short period of time. This adaptation of the 5-day sprint is intended to create a sustainable model for applying innovative ideas internally.
- Engage with expertise from consultants over a 6-week period in weekly scrum meetings, periodic half day intensives, and utilizing an online environment
- Trial access to online tools for identifying points of disruption and sustaining innovation for the sprint period
- Learn new techniques and develop a proof of concept during this period with professional assistance
The Adaptive Design Sprint leverages the principles of Agile innovation to spark rapid progress in the innovation practices, processes, attitudes, and environment in your organization. The functionally is an extension of traditional Design Sprint as used at Stanford D School, with the difference that whereas Design Sprint 1.0 is done in a 5 day super-hackathon (with only one day to prototype), our model is configured for more flexible time frames, without disruption of daily schedules, and is more conducive to deployment at established companies.
The process will be configured to operate over a 6-week period using weekly scrum meetings, periodic half day intensives, and utilizing an online environment. The additional time is required to implement “higher fidelity prototyping” than possible in a traditional five day intensive, and will produce a more robust and validated business case.
Complete Custom Innovation Program
Organizations also can have the option to engage a full Innovation SWAT Team to develop a comprehensive Innovation Master Plan for your organization.
- Integrated and customized innovation training for the entire team
- Two day Strategic Ideation Intensives to generate a number of disruptive innovation candidates
- A 6-8 week Adaptive Design Sprint program that kicks off with a traditional five day intensive to develop a concept mock-up, and is followed by a 6 week effort to build an MVP prototype
- All required software system to support the entire process, including the Idea Machine for intelligently harvesting ideas and solutions, Innometrics for optimizing your innovation, and the Disruption Map for tracking emerging threats and opportunity spaces